Sunday, November 28, 2010

Help Laurel reach her goal!!!

Check out Laurel and subscribe to her channel!! you tube channel-scotia9338

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Christmas Page swap with Gina at Myscraproom

I have another swap to share with you! This one is a Christmas mini album page swap. Our pages had to be 6x6 and again use traditional Christmas colors. I used bazzill cardstock and Joys of the Seasons and Christmas solutions cricut cartridges.

First page the presents inside the sleigh are welded together using my Cricut Design Studio (a must have) to make foldable tags. The little toy plane behind the presents was the only cut from the New Arrival cart. It too was welded together to make a fold out tag. I used my i-rock tool (also a must have) to put some bling on the reindeers harnesses.

The next page I made a paper flower using my sizzix flower layers #2 die. I was going for the pionsetta look. For the center of the flower I used cream colored beads and colored them using a yellow sharpie marker. The flourish was layered with chipborad and cardstock and inked  with peeled paint distress ink. The tags/journaling pieces are graphics purchased from the Lettering Delights store.

Last page is my fold out fireplace. It is a foldout with four photomats hidden under the fireplace.

As a bous i also made a charm for everyone in my page group.

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Banner Swap with Gina(Scrappinlogy) at myscraproom

Hello everyone. I participated in a banner swap over at hosted by Gina. The word was "Believe". We had to make our banner piece 6x6 in any shape and use traditional christmas colors.

My pieces were cut out of recycled cereal boxes and bazzill cardstock using the Winter Woodland cricut cartridge. The tree branch was cut using kraft paper and then distressed in vintage photo ink by TH Ranger. Instead of cutting out the circles for the berries on the branch, I used aged mahogany distress ink and then used fired brick distressed stickles on top. For the snow effect, I used liquid applique in white and then sprinkled some fine glitter while still wet and dried it with my heat gun.

This was a fun and quick project!! I was very pleased with my results, especially being my first banner swap!!