Friday, March 18, 2011

Baby Shower Favors

One of my co-workers asked me to help her come up with some favors for her new daughter-in-laws baby shower. So I suggested candy bars.

I took regular sized Hershey candy bars and wrapped them in different shades of blue card stock. Then I took a  digital stamp by Digital Delights by Louby Loo and sized it accordingly and printed them out on white card stock. I used my circle die by Spellbinders to punch out the picture and scallop circles as well. For the name and date, I used my Print Artist software to create labels and printed out the labels using  white address labels by office depot.

I think came out pretty stinkin cute!!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Marvin the Martian

This project was a birthday gift for my youngest sister. I gave it to her last month but I've been so busy that I forgot to post it.

I took a paper mache box from Michael's and painted it in black acrylic paint. My sister LOVES Marvin the Martian so I found a picture of him on Google and used my MTC software to create him and cut him out using my Cricut Expression. I LOVE my MTC software. It gives you sooo many possibilites.

On the lid I typed out a popular phrase that Marvin always uses and cut the letters out at 1/2 inch. For the rest of the box I purchased some outer space  files from

I made some feet out of clay but unfortunately could not get them to stay put on the box without falling off.

Last but not least I made her a Birthday card using a rubber stamp I got from a used stamp sale. So glad I picked it up.

I think my box is out of this world!!!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Double Decker Matchbox Swap

I participated in another matchbox swap at hosted by Gina. This time we had to stack 2 matchboxes on top of one another. Same rules applied, make flowers , stick pins, and charms. So here's what I came up with!

The paper line used was by DCWV "Music" pad. 

       My partner Christina love the Beatles so I found picture on Google to add to my project!

                                    I made these flowers using some wired ribbon.

I made her three charms different color beads.

This flower was made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and white card stock. I distressed the flower
using dusty concord distress inks.