Friday, August 20, 2010

Altered gift box for my mom






Sorry its been so long. I altered this wooden box I purchased at Michael's. It's unfinished and ready for decorating. I used Folkart acrylic paint in Metallic Garnet red on the entire box. Once dry I covered with patterned paper by Creative Imaginations. I sanded all the edges and used distress ink in dusty concord. I sealed the whole box with glossy Mod Podge and then embellished the lid. The letter A was cut with my Cricut using base camp cart. I then ran thru my bigshot using a cuttlebug embossing folder(music notes). I made paper roses in two diff sizes and added diamond dust to the edges. My favorite part was using the Elvis stamp both outside and inside the box. My mom loves Elvis!! This will be a birthday gift for her this weekend! Love ya mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment