Friday, September 28, 2012

Fall Home Decor

Hello again!

I decided to do a little something different with paper piecing this week. I bought a charger plate at Michael's a few week's ago having no idea what I would do with it. The color of the plate just called out to me  and I had to get it!



Soo I did! And this is what I came up with. I used  the paper piecing file from LSHD called "Scarecrow Friends". The title I just typed up in my MTC software and cut it out. Instead of cutting out the bale of hale from the file I used a mini hay bale I purchased at Michael's. It came two in a package and it measure's 2 1/2 x 1 1/4 x 1 inch. One thing though, it is kinda messy to work with! But I did  make use of all the loose hay in the package and used it to make a hay flooring.




All the paper piecing are sitting on foam squares, some single layers but most on 2-3 layers of foam.





Lastly are the little gem flowers I had in my stash. I took off the stem and placed them on fabric leaves.

I had a lot of fun creating this project. I plan on making some more for the seasons to come!

2 comments:

  1. Wonder a great fall home decore project it just caught my eye and I had to pop over and let you know how much I like it. Such a lot of work but worth every minute off your time! TFS!

    ReplyDelete