Monday, September 17, 2012

LSHD DT Challenge



My first Little Scraps of Heaven Designs DT project is a birthday card. The DT challenge is to create a layout or project using "Something Old". At first I struggled trying to figure out what I was gonna make.

So I picked the oldest paper stack I could find. The paper is "Celebrate" by American Traditional Designs. This old pack has die cut shapes and titles which I used on my card as well as the coordinating patterned paper and solid card stock I used for the base. The bear coming out of the present comes from the file "Christmas Bears Pattern Collection". I left out the bow piecing and stars from the present file and added ric rak instead. For the bear I used shimmery cream colored card stock. All the piecings including the balloon and title are inked in TH distress inks.



So start pulling out your old paper and embellishments you've been neglecting and join us in the "Something Old challenge" and post your projects on Little Scraps of Heaven Designs Facebook page. Can't wait to see what you create!!

No comments:

Post a Comment